City council president moves on + shortage of staff in the hospital
Hello neighbours! Alexis Goring here with her brand new copy of the Laurel Daily.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Laurel? Our top notch local sponsorship will keep at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the low point.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 72 Low: 50.
Here are the four most important stories in Laurel today:
- Governor Larry Hogan announced on September 23 that Maryland is P.Providing hospitals with maximum flexibility in order to alleviate staff shortages. According to Governor Hogan, Maryland has the lowest COVID-19 case rate in the country. He said that “we continue to withstand the delta variant surgee better than any other state. “Hence the state”Take proactive steps to maximize our hospitals’ ability to increase their nursing staff. “(Maryland.gov)
- President of Laurel City Council, Valerie MA Nicholas, announced yesterday that they will not be re-elected in November 2021. Nicholas served as Laurel City Councilor for the past ten years. She was that first African American woman to serve in this council and be president of it. Now she is ready to move in the next chapter of their Life. (City of Laurel)
- the senate is debate whether to raise the federal debt ceiling. Maryland Senator Chris Van Hollen spoke in the Senate yesterday, calls on Senate Republicans to vote for the resolution already passed the house. A The vote would continue to fund the government and raise the debt ceiling. According to Associated press, the Federal government could close when funding stops At 30. September What is it End of the financial year. (WDVM)
- P.rince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) started the new school year At September 8th. Teacher must ask for that now parents equip them students with Masks, Lysol spray, wipes and other Personal protective equipment for the Classroom. They say, that eeducator Appreciate the “elasticity” from Primary school children. (Washington informant)
Today’s Laurel Daily is Brought to you by our friends at Verizon. You are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change life for you and your community – and to gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thanks to Verizon for sponsoring this Laurel community resource!
Today in Laurel:
- Melodies to watch: Bobby Thompson at the Montpelier Arts Center (8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Acoustic detonators at American Legion Laurel post 60- Enjoy this Acoustic Variety Show with Sara Zito (7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Laurel Dutch Country Farmers Market – Open on 9701 Fort Meade Road (8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- Laurel Park Racing (1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- MSK hands-on training course for beginners – Get a comprehensive introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound including: Direct access to world renowned teachers, lectures and demos for every joint, followed by instant joint scanning, hands-on scanning with live models using the latest ultrasound equipment. (12.00)
- University football @ Pallotti – Frederick Douglass High (19.00)
Laurel Patch Notebook
- Laurel volunteer fire department: During our regular Laurel VFD membership hybrid meeting on September 20th, we swore in a new probationary member, Latice Dillingham! Please help us wish her a warm welcome to the Fire / EMS family! (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
You are all caught up for today. I’ll be in your inbox with your next update tomorrow morning! If you like these newsletters, be sure to invite some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Alexis Goering
About me: My name is Alexis A. Göring. I’m a Bowie area resident with a pulse for people, news, and feature stories! I have been working as a freelance writer / editor / proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I am also a writer, veteran blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Laurel Daily? Contact me at [email protected]