Content sub-editor | Media jobs
Are you someone with a keen eye for detail and an advocate of typing errors? Do you fancy a new challenge, creating content for a renowned and respected profession in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
Veterinary Business Development, publisher of market-leading titles and websites for the veterinary profession, is looking for an editor with experience in print and online for its growing team.
Our successful candidate will work as part of a small, friendly and closely connected editorial group of people who publish news and technical, clinical contributions for our print and web portfolio. Your main job is to edit and design pages for our weekly title. Vet times, as well as proofreading for our other print titles.
In addition, our candidate must read and upload message texts for our website vettimes.co.uk daily, in addition to uploading print material to the website and proofreading internal communications from our other departments.
The salary is competitive and depends on experience.
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to Editor-in-Chief Sara Frost ([email protected]) by October 31, 2021.
Reporting to: Editor-in-chief
Based on: VBD, Olympus House, Werrington Center, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE4 6NA.
Relevant publications / websites: vettimes.co.uk, Vet times, Vet Times cattle, Vet Times Equine, VN Times, VBJ and Congress times.
Software knowledge required: Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Post-editing news and feature articles for length, clarity, interest, spelling and grammar in accordance with the Company’s style guide, veterinary dictionaries and relevant reference resources for use on websites and in print
- Reuse and edit news and feature content daily or as needed for website use
- Design and layout of pages in template style for print publications. Subscription to editorial print pages and, if required, advertising material or other editorial on paper (using established correction symbols)
- Uploading editorial material to the websites using our content management system.
- Review articles and make corrections
- Obtain images from photo libraries as needed
- Contacting authors with questions about their articles
- Processing images for reproduction using Photoshop – including, but not limited to, color grading and clipping
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure an efficient, high-quality workflow and relaying of news and features through editorial staff through prepress and websites
- Processing of pages for repro
- Participation in congresses, press conferences and events if required
Important administrative tasks:
- Answering incoming editorial inquiries, possibly by telephone and email for colleagues
- All additional administrative tasks that are intended to ensure the efficient provision of the publications