Copywriter (beauty industry) – pedestrian television
About the business
Professional Beauty Solutions, based in south Sydney, is an innovative, fast growing, Australian-owned beauty distribution company. Our core target market is salons, spas and clinics, but we also manage consumer social media pages for a variety of global beauty brands including Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics, Sunescape Tan, Image Skincare, Dermalux LED and many more!
About the opportunity
As a newly created position, we are looking for a creative copywriter with a proven talent for writing and creating appealing content. Someone who knows how to increase sales and engagement through email and social channels. With more than 10 beauty brands under our management, the ideal candidate is a dynamic person – highly organized and plannable, but flexible enough to implement new content at short notice. As our copywriter, you are a daredevil who is not afraid to go the extra mile and is inspired and energized by a fast-paced (but fun!) Work environment!
Your new role
The most important tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- In this fast-paced role, you will work closely with the Marketing Director and Business Executives and will write dynamic and compelling content for:
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn)
- Sales texts: Create effective sales texts for our advertising campaigns (digital & print)
- EDMS: Making copies to communicate with our database (10,000+) with a focus on adding value and creating sales opportunities.
- Website copy with a strong SEO focus: Write website copy and create SEO-optimized blog content
- Advertising campaign
- Content article
- Lead Nurturing EDMs (Create and Edit) Marketing automation and lead nurturing processes via email, content and social media.
- Newsletter copy
- Press releases (new brand, new products, etc.)
- Product description
- General marketing security and communication
- Ability to manage multiple brand messages to ensure the correct tone of voice is used in each brand’s communications and all marketing content is branded.
- Writing for digital and non-digital channels
- Create engaging brand and product content
- Proofreading and editing content for errors and inconsistencies to improve readability
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience in a copywriting role
- You have a degree in journalism, creative writing, PR, communication or similar fields
- You have a natural flair for writing and proven experience writing social media copy, sales copy, and marketing copy, as well as strong verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to write in different styles for different audiences
- You are motivated to find exciting and meaningful ways to connect through writing techniques, to engage the target audience and generate a response
- You have a passion for presenting your storytelling in ways that can help your business grow: writing series emails, campaigns, and newsletters.
- You have a strong understanding of SEO-driven content and tactics
- You are very meticulous with a keen eye for detail and grammatical skills
- You are a measured, calm, relaxed person who likes to laugh and is not afraid of hard work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with competing priorities
What’s in it for you
- An exciting and challenging job in a successful, rapidly growing company.
- Generous employee discounts on beauty products from 15 world-class makeup, tanning and skin care brands!
- A friendly, supportive and fun work environment with a close-knit, hard-working team of creative professionals.
- The chance to bring your amazing, innovative ideas to life and have your expertise and accomplishments recognized by the company’s hands-on directors.
- The opportunity to directly influence the growth and future direction of our brands and our business!
If you believe you have the skills, drive, and passion to join our dedicated growing team, we’d love to hear from you! Along with your résumé, send us a personalized cover letter telling us why you are the superstar we’re looking for to [email protected]
Please note that due to the high number of applications that we expect, only short-listed applicants will receive an answer.
Note: As our office is in the suburb of Kurnell in the Sutherland Shire (where public transport is restricted), your own car and a current driver’s license is a must!