Curriculum Writer Advisor | ReliefWeb
Title: Advisor to Curriculum Writers
Reports to: Program Coordinator (Learning for Humanity)
Location: Remote / Home Office
Type: Temporary consultant
Medicines for Humanity (MFH) is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1997 with the goal of saving the lives of vulnerable children and mothers. We work in areas with high infant mortality. We work with and empower committed partners across the country to strengthen Maternal and Child Health (MCH) in the communities we serve. MFH builds the capacity of health partners in the country (usually parishes of Catholic sisters) to initiate or scale up evidence-based interventions that prevent child death and improve child health.
Learning for Humanity (L4H) is an online learning platform created by Medicines for Humanity for Catholic Sisters. Our commitment is to support the sisters’ efforts to save the lives of children and their mothers in the most vulnerable communities on the planet. In many places, the sisters are the communities’ only source of essential health services. They are advocates for maternal and child health care, and their dedication and commitment to providing life-saving services is unwavering.
To effectively reduce infant and maternal mortality, sisters need access to develop important skills, update their knowledge and data, and continue their education. Medicines for Humanity (MFH) established Learning for Humanity as a social enterprise to meet the training needs of sisters in remote communities worldwide. The L4H curriculum focuses on training through participatory learning; building competency, competent and knowledgeable skills; practical application of skills and mentoring for various subjects. The content is interactive and synergistic, with live sessions, webinars, videos, animations and activities. Courses, which we call paths, encourage collaboration and teamwork with other learners through discussion forums, chat rooms, and final projects.
scope of work:
This scope of work must be completed between May and September 2022. It is expected that 15 hours of work per week will be required. SOW goals include:
- Research and develop two original curricula for MFH’s online virtual learning platform for Catholic Sisters – Learning for Humanity:
- The Project Management Learning Path curriculum consists of approximately eight courses. The content and activities of the path must be consistent with the L4H style, format and approach. The path will be a compilation of publicly available content with appropriate citations and rewritten content from the consultant’s research and data collection.
- The syllabus for the Monitoring and Evaluation Learning Path consists of approximately four courses. The content and activities of the path must be consistent with the L4H style, format and approach. The path will be a compilation of Learning for Humanity materials, public domain content with appropriate citations, and rewritten content from the consultant’s research and data collection.
- Proven experience in creating curricula/developing training material for learners with limited skills and knowledge.
- Ability to research potential sources of training material, synthesize and reformat to fit L4H’s curriculum style. Know how to write appropriate quotes.
- Experience in developing/designing virtual interactive activities for learners.
- Excellent writing skills.
- High-speed Internet access is required, along with use of Skype, Zoom, GoToMeeting, and other virtual meeting software.
- Can work independently and virtually.
- Available to meet as needed despite time zone differences.
- Requires a person who is organized, attention to detail and reliable.
- The scope of work must be delivered within an agreed deadline.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email Govinda Bilges at [email protected] by June 9, 2022 to be considered for this position:
- resume or resume
- Sample writing, preferably a training plan or report written and edited only by you.
- Two references including a former employer with name, email address and phone numbers.
Potential candidates determined to meet the qualifications will be contacted.