Generocity Mercy Volunteer Corps | Administrative Assistant
Job overview: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative, development, financial and programming duties that require a thorough understanding of organizational procedures and practices. The ideal person must show good judgment in situations and have strong organizational and administrative skills. The administrative assistant must be able to work independently and at times under pressure in order to cope with several tasks. The candidate will work with a variety of individuals including remote workers, board and committee members, and the Mercy community.
- Abitur or equal
- 3+ years of office administration experience recommended
- Excellent organizational and correction skills
- Confident handling of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Database management and CRM experience; Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is desirable
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team
General responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Administrative support to the Executive Director and the organization
- Coordination and participation in board, committee and employee meetings as well as transcription of minutes
- Conduct day-to-day financial transactions including checking and processing payments for bills, check requests, cashier’s checks, expense reports, and corporate credit cards; Process bank deposits
- Enter monthly financial information in Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Update and maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, including processing donations and preparing donor thank you letters
- Support with the logistics of retreats and development events
- Proofreading and editing of all newsletters and mailings created by the employees in the development and communication department
The incumbent would report to the Executive Director of the Mercy Volunteer Corps. This position is employed, full time with health insurance benefits offered, along with a 403 (b) retirement plan and employer comparison. The position is located in the main office in Lower Gwynedd, PA.
MVC wants to foster a community and is committed to building a community in which the human dignity of each member is upheld and celebrated. We strive to maintain an environment in which each member has the opportunity to contribute to the vitality of the whole, in which contributions are valued, as each individual does.
Mercy Volunteer Corps (MVC) promotes social change by arranging and supporting volunteers for a year-long service with economically poor or marginalized people in the United States and South America. Mercy Volunteers work in education, healthcare, and social while living together and growing spiritually in a community.
Apply for this job
Application deadline: Tuesday, November 9th, 2021 Send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] Please do not contact us for the status; we will update you accordingly.