Job #1780: Employee – NY (4-5-22)
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our NYC based team as an Associate.
The Associate will assist in sourcing and evaluating potential investments, including preliminary deal screening, business and industry due diligence, financial analysis and modelling, and participating in all aspects of the transaction process. The Associate will also be involved in overseeing portfolio companies, identifying additional investment opportunities and communicating with strategic partners and service providers.
Corinthian Capital is seeking a mature, ambitious individual who will work well with Corinthian Capital’s investment team, intermediaries, investors and management of portfolio companies. Each member is expected to be self-reliant, contribute to all aspects of the business and be able to work independently and collaboratively with other members of the Deal Team. Therefore, the person should have strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record.
· Financial analysis including financial modeling and creation of detailed operating models showing the impact on the company’s financial statements
· Through primary and secondary research, examine new deal opportunities and identify key growth drivers, opportunities and threats of the industry
· Conduct a thorough analysis of the business model, including operations, strategy and finances
· Prepare investment memoranda and investor documents
· Creation and review of confidentiality agreements and fee agreements
Skills and Experience:
· Three to five years of professional experience in either self-investment, investment banking or credit investing; ideally with transactions in the enterprise value range of US$25 million to US$150 million
· Strong financial analysis skills, including financial modeling and the ability to create detailed operating models showing the impact on the company’s financial statements
· Demonstrated niche market analysis skills to identify trends and challenges in narrow sectors with little information available
· Ability to quickly identify key growth drivers, opportunities and threats of the industry through primary and secondary research
· Ability to thoroughly analyze the business model, including operations, strategy and finance
· Presentation and writing skills for the preparation of investment memorandums and investor documents
Founded in 2005, Corinthian Capital is a controlling equity investor targeting value driven opportunities where we can be the first institutional investor in start-up or family owned and/or managed companies.
We are focused on lower-middle market North American companies — across manufacturing, service and distribution verticals — where our valuable segment experience and long-standing relationships have fueled the successful execution of our strategy.