Live For Live Music is seeking a full-time writer. Apply today!
Live for live music is now accepting applications for a full-time writer to join the outlet’s editorial team, with the opportunity to move into an editor role based on performance.
Live For Live Music’s (L4LM) new staff editor will play a key role in the outlet’s editorial operations, helping to track, research, write and edit multiple articles per day in a fast-paced, virtual newsroom environment. Read more about the position and fill out the form below to apply. Read more about the position and below APPLY HERE.
Staff Writer Daily Tasks
- Write polished, well-structured and interesting articles about music news on WordPress
- Edit and proofread texts before publication
- Research unfamiliar topics to inform articles and fact check
- Manage content post schedule on social media platforms, monitor engagement to inform strategy
- Stay up to date on events in the music world to identify relevant and interesting stories
- Develop, research and write longer features/series (e.g. interviews, premieres, editorials)
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Previous experience as a writer or editor for a digital media company
- Flawless command of the English language and correct grammar
- A knack for composing tight but captivating lyrics with a compelling voice
- Ability to provide quick, clear explanations and analysis of breaking news, even on unfamiliar subjects
- Avid reader/consumer of written media (be prepared to tell us your favorite media and why you like it/their voice)
- Knowledge and own presence on various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch etc.)
- A working computer and access to a reliable internet connection
- Knowledge and passion for music (especially jam, funk, bluegrass, rock, indie, hip-hop, soul)
- Goal-oriented in terms of personal and team success
- Time Management – A self-starter with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks on time without excuses
- Professional – able to work with artists, management, publicists, etc. while keeping a cool head
- Good attitude – positive, passionate and flexible with a willingness to learn new skills
- Hard worker – eager to put in the effort to push the release forward
- Reliable – can show up on time and is operational every day
- Able to work Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm ET, with a rotating shift of 9:00am to 5:00pm each weekend (either Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
Additional Desired Skills
- Background/education in journalism
- Interest and experience in the music industry
- Familiarity with SEO
- Experience working with WordPress and/or other content management systems
- Experience working with project management applications (Asana, Basecamp, Slack etc.)
- Experience with image editing/graphic design (Adobe)
- experience with photography
Location: Remote (Preferred: in New York City/within the Eastern Time Zone or willing to get up early if location is further west)
full time: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, plus a full day rotating shift every weekend (either Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
If you are interested in becoming a full-time paid writer for Live For Live Music, APPLY HERE.
Comments are closed.