Men’s lacrosse celebrates Senior Day against Michigan on Friday
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State Men’s Lacrosse will honor 11 players for Senior Day when Michigan hosts Panzer Stadium at 6:00 p.m. Friday. The team’s final home game of the regular season of the year will be broadcast live on ESPNU.
Senior Day recognition begins at 4:50 p.m. on the field to be honored Thomas Baker, Nate Buller, Jordan Donaghy, Tate Gallagher, Jake Glatz, Seamus Glynn, Jack Kelly, Brayden Peck, Dan Reaume, Brian Townsendand Joe White.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Friday April 8 | 6 p.m
Live Stats | ESPNU
• Penn State leads the all-time streak with Michigan 8-2. The teams first played in 2012.
• The teams split their two encounters in 2021, with the Wolverines winning 14-12 at Ann Arbor and Penn State winning 14-13 in overtime at State College.
• Penn State is 4-1 at home to Michigan.
• TJ Malone has a total of seven goals, four assists and three groundballs in three career games against the Wolverines.
RECOGNIZING THE WOLVERIES
• Michigan is 7-4 overall and 0-2 in the Big Ten after a 20-12 loss to No. 1 Maryland. The Wolverines opened Big Ten play with a 15-12 loss to Johns Hopkins.
• The Wolverines statistically have one of the best offenses in the country, ranking fifth in ratings (15.70/game), third in assists/game (9.90) and fourth in Score (+6.20).
• Michigan also has two of the statistically best players in the country. Shane Carr ranks first in the Big Ten and fifth nationally in percentage save (.585) and second in the Big Ten and fourth nationally in goals versus average (8 .99). Justin Wietfeldt ranks second in the Big Ten and fourth nationally in faceoff win percentage (.632).
vs. THE BIG TEN
• Penn State is 58-111 (.343) all-time against current members of the Big Ten. The Lions are 27-24 (.529) against the same teams during head coaching Jeff Tambroni‘s 12 seasons with the team.
• The Lions are 18-19 in Big Ten regular season games since the league added lacrosse in 2015. They have set records in league games against Michigan and Ohio State.
FUTURE IS BRIGHT
• The Penn State freshmen have 74 points with 37 goals and 37 assists this season.
• That’s 40 percent of the team’s points, 32 percent of the team’s goals and 54 percent of the team’s assists.
• The group of newcomers that contributed to the scoring consists of six players.
• Freshmen Ethan Lang and Will Peden are ninth in the Big Ten for assists/game with 1.50. Only one newcomer ranks ahead of the duo.
KELLY NEAR THE CENTURY MARK
• Jack Kelly only needs one point to reach 100 for his career. The Senior+ has 99 career points with 80 goals and 19 assists.
2021 SENIOR DAY THRILLER
• Penn State’s Senior Day game will be played against Michigan for the second straight season.
• The 2021 game against Michigan was an instant classic. Senior Mac O’Keefe celebrated his final home game of the regular season by breaking a career scoring record in NCAA Division I. He scored a total of eight points in the game from six goals and two assists, including the crucial goal three seconds from time in overtime.
• TJ Malone also had a big game against the Wolverines last season, finishing with seven points, four goals and three assists.
• Penn State travels to play Johns Hopkins on Saturday, April 16 at 6pm on ESPNU.
• The Blue Jays are 5-6 overall and 1-1 in the Big Ten after a 12-7 loss to Rutgers.