School Health COVID-19 Secretarial Support
School Health and Assistance Office
School health services
Fixed-term contractual 10-month position in the district with benefits
Release Date: 7/10/21
Date of completion: 10.21.21
Location: 791 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Salary: $ 16.70 per hour
Type of work: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the School Health and Support Office, this position provides office and data entry support to the School Health Service COVID-19 Response Team. School Health’s COVID-19 Response Team provides case investigations and contact follow-up assistance to over 300 registered School Health nurses and support staff housed in the health rooms in 128 buildings of the Anne Arundel County Public School (AACPS) serving 85,000 students. Specific duties assigned to this position include:
- Provides ongoing assistance with daily data entry under the guidance of the School Health COVID-19 Response Team. Uses AACPS, AACDOH, and School Health applications to find and enter contact tracing and results information in a timely manner. Current applications include PowerSchool, App19, CRISP and Google Suite.
- Attends training and other learning opportunities to stay informed of changes to current or new applications.
- Provides general information tracking assistance to aid case investigation completion and contact tracing for the school health COVID-19 response team. Information tracking activities could include calling school health workers to get missing information from students regarding COVID-19 cases, such as: B. Data, close contacts, receipt of results and doctor’s letters. Keep the records in an organized manner. Participates virtually in employee meetings as planned.
- Participates in regular and consistent daily communication with the COVID-19 response team, including the director, assistant director and contact tracing team regarding data entry status, feedback and trends.
- Meets confidentiality requirements under FERPA, HIPAA, other federal and state laws and regulations, and school health guidelines.
- Performs additional office and data entry tasks for the School Health COVID-19 response team at other School Health workstations as needed. The employee must have transport facilities during normal working hours in order to report to other work locations at short notice.
- Can be reached during school hours and, if necessary, in the evenings and on weekends.
Education: Completed a recognized high school or held a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in commercial activities.
1. The required training can be replaced from year to year by additional experience in the performance of office activities.
2. Applicants can replace the required experience annually with training at a recognized college or university to the extent of 30 credit hours for one year of experience.
3. Six months of commercial training with three courses in subjects such as keyboard, typing, word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphic presentation, proofreading or office etiquette, which can replace six months of required experience.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Submit a completed District proposal or further to: Isha Alston, School Health Services, 791 Aquahart Road, Third Floor, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, or email to [email protected] by October 21, 2021.
An equal opportunity employer