Social Inclusion Intern – Mali
Title: Social Inclusion Intern
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Contract: 6-month fixed-term contract (with the prospect of an additional 6-month extension)
Hours: This is a full-time position
About the role
We are looking for an energetic, proactive individual to assist the Country Office Program Officers and Managers to ensure all our programs are inclusive and address the needs of the disabled and marginalized.
As a Social Inclusion Intern, you will represent Sightsavers at meetings, work with organizations for people with disabilities (OPDs) and people with disabilities in countries where Sightsavers provide services, and provide education for marginalized communities to access the services .
- Assist the country office program team in identifying challenges faced by our services in the countries where we operate.
- Working with partners to coordinate awareness-raising activities.
- Establishing a database for OPDS in the counties where we operate
- support funding initiatives.
- Connect with the National Organization for Disabled and NCD and attend all partner meetings
- Serving as a country office including point of contact and outreach to government agencies, partners and NGOs.
As an ideal candidate you will need:
- Possess a degree (or equivalent) or professional experience in social sciences with a significant interest in the field of social inclusion and advocacy.
- Be a hardworking individual with good organizational skills needed to meet workload and daily and weekly deadlines.
- As a person enthusiastic about learning, you will be involved in all aspects of programming from the initial phase to evaluation.
- Strong skills in training and coaching.
- Strong passion for working with people with disabilities and marginalized groups.
- Experience writing and communication skills.
- This is a practical internship so passion, enthusiasm and a desire to learn all about program management, facilitation skills and reporting etc.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all parts of society. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified individuals with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application through our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in your application motivation.
We anticipate that the interviews will take place during the week commencing October 31, 2022 and the assessment process will include an oral interview at our office in Monrovia, Liberia.
Closing date: October 23, 2022