The president of the UA system announces a committee to support the search for a chancellor
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The President of the University of Arkansas System, Donald R. Bobbitt, has appointed a Search Committee to assist in finding the next Chancellor at the University of Arkansas.
Interim Chancellor Charles F. Robinson has led the campus since his appointment by Bobbitt in August 2021.
The committee, which includes faculty, staff and supporters of the university, will advise Bobbitt as he considers candidates for the next chief executive of UA System’s flagship campus. Eventually, Bobbitt will propose a candidate to the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees for final approval.
“While the U of A, led by Dr. Robinson continues to excel, it is time to take the necessary steps to begin a national search to ensure the university is on solid footing to move into the future behind a permanent leader,” said Bobbitt. “I am confident that this search will produce world-class talent and that in the end the right person will emerge to bring the best to the campus, community and all stakeholders involved in making our flagship institution the best it can be.” best to serve.”
The committee will begin its work in the coming weeks to advertise the position and recruit highly qualified individuals from around the country who are considering the opportunity. A university-hosted search website is also being developed as a reference for candidates and a hub for search-related news. More information will be available soon after the committee’s first meetings.
Chaired by College of Engineering Dean Kim Needy, members of the selection committee include representatives from key constituencies, campus faculty, staff, alumni, a physician from another UA System institution, and a member of the Board of Trustees, among others.
“I’m grateful to each of these busy individuals for agreeing to participate in our search process,” said Bobbitt. “While these committee members will bring a number of voices to the search, later in the process we will also have a stage where all members of the campus community, including students, can provide feedback on candidates. I look forward to working with everyone at the university to find the very best person to lead the institution for years to come.”
The committee includes:
- Kim Needy, Committee Chair and Dean of the College of Engineering
- Paul Adams, Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Alena Allen, Interim Dean, School of Law
- Lowry Barnes, Professor and Chair, UAMS Division of Orthopedics
- Chuck Culver, interim vice president of agriculture
- Ross DeVol, President and CEO of Heartland Forward
- Clayton Hamilton, Chief Financial Officer, Department of Athletics
- Melissa Harwood-Rom, Deputy Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Studies
- Bill Kincaid, Managing Associate General Counsel
- Jisun Lee, Assistant Professor of Interior Design
- Alan Mantooth, Distinguished Professor of Electrical Engineering
- Suzanne McCray, Vice Provost for Enrollment and Dean of Admissions
- Debbie McLoud, Deputy Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
- Katy Nelson-Ginder, Deputy Vice Chancellor for University Development
- Sheffield Nelson, UA Board of Trustees
- Molly Rapert, Associate Professor of Marketing
- Mary Savin, Chair, Faculty Senate
- Donald Walker, President-elect of the Arkansas Alumni Association
- Trish Watkins, Chair, Staff Senate
Ex officio members
- Donald R. Bobbitt, President of the UA System
- Ben Beaumont, UA System employee