Content Manager – Q City Metro
Heart Math Tutoring (HMT) is a Charlotte, North Carolina-based non-profit organization that provides young students with successful math experiences through one-on-one tuition during the school day from supervised volunteers. Volunteer tutors use our proven curriculum and are supported by a heart program coordinator at each school location. There are currently over 1,000 primary school students enrolled. The program is effective in person or virtually and will be extended to other regions. Learn more at www.heartmathtutoring.org.
We’re excited to add a part-time content manager who is focused on increasing the impact of Heart Math Tutoring by positively engaging with thousands of potential volunteers and other members by creating, improving, and maintaining marketing content. The tasks include increasing brand awareness; Creating, editing and proofreading of content; Content strategy development; Management of the organization’s communication calendar; and monitoring web traffic and social media metrics, among other tasks. The content manager consistently ensures that the content reflects the core values of HMT, a unified brand and a positive experience for the members.
We are looking for candidates who can think both creatively and analytically. You should be sure to find creative ways to build an online presence and use structured thinking to organize existing content and formulate strategies. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with proven skills in creating compelling content. You should be detail-oriented and organized.
– Develop a content strategy that aligns with the goals of HMT. Get the approval and alignment of the communications team by managing HMT’s communications calendar.
– Researching and implementing industry best practices. Learn more about the HMT components and the HMT program. Study the content and communication of similar organizations.
– Create and edit an accurate, well-researched, relevant, and compelling original copy for use on HMT’s blog, website, social media, press releases, flyers, slides, and more.
– Maintaining HMT’s website – Keeping the website updated regularly to ensure that the content is organized and correct. Create compelling blog posts. Track and increase engagement.
– Manage HMT’s Social Media – Expand HMT’s audience and interact effectively with voters. Track and increase engagement.
– Create and manage HMT’s volunteer recruitment collateral and train HMT Frontline staff to effectively use the collateral in their recruitment efforts (flyers, slides, stories, shareable social media templates, etc.).
– Design selected eblasts and manage selected email campaigns, especially those related to volunteer recruitment.
– Coordinate the communications team (Executive Director, Director of Development and Community Engagement, Tutor Operations Manager, Donor Relations Coordinator) – Lead meetings, use teammates’ ideas, brainstorm, create and monitor implementation plans.
– Providing editorial, creative and proofreading support to teammates who are responsible for communicating with donors and tutors (Eblasts, annual report, email communications for tutors).
– Organize and maintain HMT photos and media.
– Make sure that all work complies with the law (e.g. copyright protection, child protection).
– Stay up to date on developments in the marketing / content industry and generate new ideas to increase HMT’s brand exposure and citizen engagement.
– Other tasks as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in Journalism ٫ Communication, Marketing or a relevant subject
– 3-4 years agency experience or other relevant experience
– Ability to think creatively and analytically
– Excellent written communication skills
– Ability to develop content that provokes engagement
– Strong leadership and cooperation qualities
– Very good computer skills
– Proven experience with MS Office and WordPress (preferred)
– Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
– Experience with social media management
– Detail-oriented working style
– Exceptional time management and organizational talent
– Mission-oriented and energized through strategic and tactical work
– Share Heart Math Tutoring’s core values (student-centered, growth-minded mindset, gratitude, precision and professionalism, and civic engagement) and commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion
Further information: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive work environment and promoting racial justice. This is a 15-20h / week part time job reporting to HMT’s Executive Director. Salary is experience level and likely starts in the medium to high range of $ 20,000. This can be a remote or office-based role.
To apply: To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your interest and a résumé to [email protected] with the subject “Content Manager 2022” as soon as possible.