Blossom & Sol Media is looking for an editorial intern in New York, NY
Blossom & Sol Media, a growing online publication aimed at inspiring women to lead stylish and purposeful lives while being culturally conscious at the same time, is looking for keen, self-motivated, and detail-oriented editorial interns interested in contributing to our fashion & Beauty columns.
Please note: This is an unpaid internship. Students are encouraged to apply for college credits.
What are you going to do
As an editorial intern at Blossom & Sol Media, you will work directly with the editor-in-chief to support several projects such as:
● Present, research and write informative, inspiring and engaging articles (1-2 times a week) that cover a range of topics in the fields of fashion, beauty and black culture.
● Contribution to the editorial process of conception, strategy and execution of digital articles.
● Conducting face-to-face or remote interviews with inspiring industry figures.
● Participation in fashion, beauty or cultural events as press to write exciting articles for publication
● Review and proofread the content before posting it on the website.
Our ideal candidate for this position:
● Is a self-founder with an eagerness to learn and a contribution to a growing startup.
● Has the ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
● Has a keen sense of grammar, language and spelling.
● Is currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program to earn coursework.
● Flexibility, or the ability to adapt and turn to unpredictable situations.
● Learn how to create content for a high-speed digital startup publication.
● Participation in industry events as a press and for networking with industry experts
● Learn and develop your individual editorial voice
● Create an author portfolio
Email your résumé, a brief introduction and writing samples and / or links to your letter to “[email protected] “
E-mail subject: Editorial intern