Technology journalist | Media jobs
Compensation: negotiable based on experience
Holidays: 25 days, plus holidays. In addition, your birthday is free ð
Work benefits: private health care, wellness program, rewards and discounts and more
Working hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Home office based in the UK
Contract type: Full time
Start date: immediately
Today Digital: the story so far
With the aim of transforming the way people find, consume and share information about enterprise technology, Today Digital has innovated from day one. We are now in our fifth year of trading and our level of growth is accelerating incredibly quickly.
There are many things that make up our business, but one of our key differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world and still work in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative technology brands who value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our values ââdefine us
We have built a sensational team of committed personalities; everyone strives to make the company a success.
Today Digital is not about looking at the clock or measuring work days. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but retain the freedom to work when, how and wherever they want.
We attach great importance to developing ideas, creating new plans and setting goals that will help us move into a better future.
We are a fun bunch of people; we are driven and we start ourselves.
Your days with Today Digital
Work perks include private health care, a full wellness program, rewards, home work allowances, and a selection of in-person social events.
We may be virtual, but we are not far away. We use the latest technologies and work styles, which means we can work together constantly and effectively.
Today digital is fast moving and we are on the move. If you want to grow professionally, work from anywhere, and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we may be the place for you.
Recommended reading ð – How to Find a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
We’re looking for a technology journalist to join our growing team and help cover the technology providers, service providers, and business leaders who lead this exciting sector.
You report directly to the editor-in-chief and are responsible for reporting on editorial and sponsored content stories. A technical background is not mandatory, but curiosity and enthusiasm for business technologies are essential.
You have excellent communication skills and can write in a variety of styles to suit the content mission.
As a Today Digital journalist, general roles and responsibilities include:
- Researching, writing, editing, proofreading news, features and articles
- Read press releases, consult sources, and check statements and facts
- Moderate and organize video discussions
- Cooperation with the editorial team on new tasks
- Collaborate with customers on sponsored content
- Participation in events (virtual and live) if required
In order to perform this task successfully, a person must be able to satisfactorily fulfill every essential responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or abilities required.
- Can work from home unsupervised
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure and maintain high standards
- Very good written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Position requires flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, English, or a relevant subject
- At least three years of professional experience as a journalist or reporter
- Able to follow an ethical and objective standard of reporting
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and scrutinize information
- Excellent observation and judgment
- Excellent communication and networking skills, as well as the ability to extract information effectively
- You are an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic, rapidly growing business environment
Other skills and abilities
- Office 365 e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Image processing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
This is a homework role that requires you to provision some of your own equipment:
- Broadband Internet (at least 10 Mbit / s download / 2 Mbit / s upload)
- Desk and chair
- A suitable workplace that is noise-free, distraction-free, warm and comfortable and has a reliable power supply.
The equipment * provided by the company includes: PC computer, web camera, headset / loudspeaker. All necessary software applications and licenses (* not available for freelancers)