Local father / son kidnapping charges + Maryland Horse Month
Up and down, Laurel! Let’s catch up with you all to start this day on an informed note. These are the most important things that happen around Laurel today.
First the weather today:
A shower and a T-storm; wet. High: 79 Low: 61.
Here are the four most important stories in Laurel today:
- Klaravich Stables Inc. made them Stakes debut a to win one. She passed horses late and retreated 2½ lengths while under lock and key on Saturday $ 150,000 Selima at Laurel Park. Ridden by Victor Carrasco for coach Chad Brown, Consumer spending was the 2-5 favorite in a field of eight. She completed the distance in 1: 43.21 using a fixed all-along layout for her second win in a row. (laurelpark.com)
- A father and son have been accused in one Kidnapping plan the resulted in one death. The couple alleged to have stolen and sold marijuana from the victim. the US Attorney’s Office for the Maryland District said that a big jury returned accusation against Scott Anthony Williams, 45, of laurel and Taeyan Raymond Williams, 26, of West Virginia, based on the 2018 kidnapping, blackmail and Killing the victim who was described as Marijuana dealer. According to the indictment, the couple had one relationship with the victim and bought marijuana from him for Redistribution. they sold cocaine to him, which he allegedly resold. (WTOP)
- Governor Larry Hogan has announced October how Past the wire) Horse month. He is Emphasis the historical, leisure, therapeutic, and economic CooperationContributions of the Maryland Horse Industry. In celebration of Maryland Horse Month, the Maryland Horse Industry Board (MHIB) and be Industrial partner lead a targeted marketing strategy many highlight nationwide attractions, Events, activities, Hiking trails, Exhibits, and experience with a equestrian connection. (
- Mayor Craig A. Moe Has announced October how Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Because of this proclamation and instructions from the mayor who Department of Laurel Parks and Recreation followed the instructions Illuminate Laurel facilities in purple Show support and awareness for those suffering from domestic violence. (City of Laurel)
today Laurel Daily will be brought to you from Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Do one Smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Laurel (* All events today are near Laurel as there aren’t any in town)
- Try comedy –Enjoy stand up comedy and great pizza! (7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
- SoulCollage Grief Support Group (via telemedicine and virtual) – Participants will create a series of collages to remember lost loved ones and to visually record the process of grieving. The group will meet today (October 4th) at the non-profit organization’s office in Largo and via Zoom. Given that not everyone has access to this technology or is uncomfortable with it, the center suggests that staff call the office or send an email. (5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Ready 2 Read Storytime for children aged 0-2 – Bring your baby and experience stories, songs and finger games with us! (10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.)
- Chefs Table Wine Dinner – Join Chef Sagar Bishwokarma at Smashing Grapes for a unique 5-course fine dining dinner paired with a wine selection from our sommelier. (7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
Laurel Patch Notebook
- LVFD business meeting: The Laurel Volunteer Fire Brigade business meeting takes place every first and third Monday of the month. (LaurelVFD.org)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- Wye River Upper School Virtual Speaker Series: How to Pay the School Fees (Oct 7)
- [Webinar] Roof Replacement 101: Everything You Need To Know (Oct 9)
- The breast ultrasound screening comes straight to you! (12th of October)
- Autumn Festival at the Mandala School (October 30th)
- Add your event
Now you are up to date and can really start this Monday! See you tomorrow with another update in your inbox. If you like these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Alexis Goering
About me: My name is Alexis A. Göring. I’m a Bowie area resident with a pulse for people, news, and feature stories! I have been working as a freelance writer / editor / proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I am also a writer, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Laurel Daily? You can email me at [email protected]